Looking for a healthier alternative to muffins? How about muffins?
Now, keep in mind that these are a healthier alternative to eating a normal muffin. That doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be the best thing to eat all the time for helping you reach your health and fitness goals. I also know that completely depriving yourself of something forever is not a good long-term solution. So this recipe gives you a great way to occasionally enjoy some blueberry muffins, while also getting in more protein than a typical muffin contains.
All that said, I would not count these as a source of protein. So, I encourage you to have these muffins with some eggs, turkey, or any other complete protein source you like.
Give them a try and let us know what you think!
LOW-CALORIE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 10oz of Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Scoop of Level-1 Blueberry Muffin OR PRO Bourbon Vanilla WPI
- 3/4 Cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup of Avocado Oil
- 6 Tbsp of Granular Sugar Alternative
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉.
2. In a large bowl, mix the egg, sugar alternative, greek yogurt, avocado oil, and vanilla extract.
3. When fully combined, add the flour, Level-1, baking powder, and baking soda into the bowl, and stir until everything is mixed evenly and no clumps are present.
4. Add the blueberries to the batter and gently fold them in.
5. Line the muffin tin and place the batter evenly into each cupcake liner. This recipe makes 12 total muffins, so I recommend using a 12-tin pan or 2 6-tin pans.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffins.
7. Let the muffins cools for 2 minutes before you enjoy.
MACROS PER SERVING: